About Kimberly Jarman

Kimberly Jarman is an award winning photographer based out of Arizona. She has traveled all over the United States photographing weddings and portraits. She is very passionate about photography and loves capturing special moments for clients.

This blog was created to show you our most recent and favorite work. We try to update it regularly with our latest news and sessions.

You can view more of our work at our website: www.kimberlyjarman.com

Enjoy the blog! We would love to hear from you, so feel free to leave a comment.

You can also follow Kimberly on Twitter and Facebook.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Update on 101 in 1001

I got an email today from a very long time friend that I haven't heard from in forever. She was excited and inspired about my 101 in 1001 list. Read her email below....


Kim,

I don't know when you are going to get a chance to see this but I was reading your list of 101 things in 1001 days and was deeply inspired. I have gotten away from lists and have not been as strategic as I would like to have been the last three years. Kinda slipped into a survival mode and not liking it a bit. Some new things have been stirring in my heart such as obtaining my teacher certification, my masters in education and marrying my Sweetheart. I want to thank you for making your list and for taking the time to post it so that others could see and be reminded again of pursuing after life with intentionality and gusto! This article came as perfect timing and I love you for it! I wish xxxxxxx (that is my Beloved fiance) and I could hire you to do our photography. Hands down, you produce the most candid and joyous pictures I have ever seen. My sister and I were on the phone from our perspective computers going thru all the wedding and engagement photos.....what beautiful and anointed work!

If you have time, I would love to talk to you...at least about blogging and business. You've realy stirred a passion in me and just talking to you could help me regain a steadfast and determined focus.

xxxxxxxxxxx.



Emails like this make me really happy because it is so good to hear that the things that I am doing are making a difference in peoples lives. When I got into this business I did it because photography was a passion and I knew that is was a wonderful way that I could get to know a lot of people and in turn I hoped that I would be able to make a difference in a lot of people’s lives for the better.

Sometimes I forget about this aspect and I start thinking too much about the business side, when really it is all about the relationship side. I admit that this is a struggle for me sometimes and I wish it wasn’t… I LOVE People!! Really, there isn't much a point in life if you aren't doing something that is making a difference, whether it be in what you do for work or in every day life.

I hope that at every wedding and event that I do people see passion in me for photography and for life. I hope that when they see their pictures they see life captured and are moved by even the little things. I hope that I make a difference every day.

Emails like this make me go back and try to gain focus of what I am doing and I love that.

I also realized that I haven’t updated my 101 in 1001 list in awhile and there are a few things on the list that I have accomplished, so I thought that I would go ahead and share that with you all.

5. Successfully switch my company name to Kimberly Jarman Photography

We are officially Kimberly Jarman Photography, LLC. This has been a huge change for us over the last year, but there was so much confusion with our old name, MichelleAllen Photography, that it has been a welcome change that people now know me as Kimberly!! To read more of why we changed our name look to the right in the About Kim Section.

Our logo was designed in August and we jumped into our brand new studio as well! So far the change has been wonderful!

14. Find a software package for clients

This has been a huge accomplishment for me! We have partnered up with an amazing company to be able to track all of our production, shoots, contacts, and more. We are now using Shoot Q
to track everything. It is such an amazing piece of software and I am so excited to use it! I makes it so much easier for everyone, including my clients. You can now book your wedding, sign your contract and even pay for everything online. You can also enter in all your wedding details and keep track of your vendors. This software is changing every day for the better and soon there will be even more that we can do!!!

16. Stickers with logos

We finally were able to order stickers with my logo on it!! I LOVE them!!!

19. Cruise in Bahamas/Caribbean

My husband and I just got back from a cruise in the Eastern Caribbean in December. It was a fun time and I recommend cruising to everyone... just make sure you are able to take sea sickness pills if you get sea sick!!!

You can view more pictures Here.

Photobucket

33. Family picture of the Gerharts (the entire group)

During Christmas this year I did a group family shot. You can view the post here.

Photobucket

42. Write a letter to my compassion child

My husband and I support a child in Africa. It is so hard sometimes to find time to sit down and write a letter to him, but I know more than anything that when he hears from us it means the world to him! I need to work on doing it more often, but the other day I sat down and did write a letter.

We support our child through Compassion International, a wonderful organization that changes peoples lives all over the world. If you are interested in helping out kids in Africa from the outbreak of Aids, or other kids who are barely making it each day I suggest you look at Compassion International. There are a lot of other great companies out there that help as well!

93. Get involved in a small group at my church

Another thing that I have been wanting to do for such a long time is get involved in a small group at my church. I think that it is so important to be part of a group that is constantly challenging you in your walk with God and life. Jamie and I have joined an amazing group of people and meet once a week for encouragement and friendship! I wouldn't trade it for the world!!


Wow, 7 things that I can check off of my 101 in 1001 list!!! This feels good!!!

I would love to hear how you are doing with your list if you have started one or if you are going to start one! If you do start one and put it on the blog I will put a link up on my blog so that people can check out your progress and encourage you! It really is a great thing!!!